Amazon.com

Saturday, July 20, 2013

An independent writers outlook, on 'The Joy of Writing'

Why am I doing this? I've asked myself this a thousand times and the response never changes. Through and through, writing is in my bones and if I didn't write, the characters that team in my head would burst forth in one form or another. I wouldn't want to get caught in the grocery store acting out Vampire story-lines. Or worse; I wouldn't want to be caught reciting a love scene that pops in my head. Nope, the straight jacket or a padded room isn't something I strive for; so--I write. Recently, my characters haven't been the typical garden variety folk whose only purpose in life is to live and not cause any trouble. I noticed that my female characters are getting into all sorts of mayhem; lying, cheating--making it up as they go along. This makes them exciting, and flawed in ways that feed my writing Mojo. As I map out the remainder of this year, I'm looking forward to completing a fantasy series, while dishing out juicy plots with twisted outcomes and unimaginable consequences. I've often wondered, of all the books that I've read, which author would I label as my muse. For me, a list of names come to mind--James Patterson, Linda Howard, Richard Morgan, Molly Harper, Jennifer Armintrout--and that's to name a few. You see--I've come to accept, that my writing style is mines; unlike many of the writers I've come to admire and even though I can't choose one to credit as being my muse...I can say that it is their passions as story tellers that feeds my overpowering need to write and create stories. And of course my readers...I must give my readers their due credit, because without them, my source of joy would come from me and me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment